[bt-devel] Back from holidays

Torsten Uhlmann bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 09:32:10 +0100

Daniel Glassey wrote:

> On 24 Mar 00, at 11:16, Torsten Uhlmann sent forth the message:
>
> > BTW, does anyone know where I get a cheap MS VC 5.0 compiler from? I
> > only need the compiler really. Since this is not the newest, are there
> > any special offers around?
>
> do you need msvc itself or just something that complies it's code?
> The free windows gcc compiler (mingw) does that.
> (http://www.mingw.org). It's a 7MB download though.
>
> Daniel

I think I need VC++ (cl.exe) itself, because I need to link against C++
libs which were build with VC 5 and C++ has no binary standard such as
C. (For all who are interested: I ordered a Psion and will play around a
bit with the free C++ SDK for it. I wonder if there is a Psion project
for SWORD :)

So if mingw is binary compatible with MS C it will work (I will check
it), but I rather doubt it.

Thanks for your help!

--

best regards,