[bt-devel] Mandrake 7.0

bt-devel@crosswire.org bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 21:36:30 GMT

I continued to have problems getting a proper link on Mandrake 7.0, so I
have been idle for a while.  I should start making changes again on
Saturday.

I had a different problem that caused a partition table error that I was
unable to clear without starting all over again.  I chose to load Redhat
6.1 as I had success with it before...

I am now operational, and BT 0.3 compiles for me.   However, before we
release 0.3x, we hould make sure that someone running Mandrake 7.0 is able
to install successfully.  There were a few visual diffferences in Mandrake
7.0, like the compiler displayed some errors in color, I am not sure if the
problem is a compiler revision, or library revision, or something else, but
BT never built properly for me.

There is a slight chance that the versions of KDE Libraries that I used
during my Mandrake days were broken, but I have no way to quickly check
this.

I have a Mandrake 7.0 CD, so when we are close to release I can try to load
it and test, if no other volunteer shows up that uses Mandrake 7...

Does anyone know which distribution is likely to be the first to release a
distribution that uses KDE 2.0?

--
   Darwin Gregory

   Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.
   Evolution is a myth...