[bt-devel] Likes and dislikes

Torsten Uhlmann bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 08:34:52 +0100

On Don, 02 Mär 2000 Joachim Ansorg wrote:
> Hi!
>
> >     > Perhaps we could optimize the functions to retrieve the keys
> >     > (CKeyChain) ? I think the keys are stored in the module, perhaps
> >     > we get them directly there?
> >
> > As far as I remember I build the key chain only once and than with all
> > elements, no matter if you only display 100 in toolbar or all. Since the
> > display time was reasonable (in my eyes) when we only displayed some
> > keys this is not the playes to optimize. The writing into the ComboBox
> > must be optimized.
>
> I tested the lexicon presenter without adding items to the combobox. The
> startup time is almost the same. I think QList<CKeyChain> is the part consuming
> moost of the startup time of a presenter.
>
> I don't understand the concept of CKeyChain. Why does CKeyChain contain a list
> with max verses etc? Why do you use a list of CKeyChain?

For each key there is supposed to be one CKeyChain entry with key, chapters
and max verses per chapter (we once wanted this :) If we finally agree to not
use the max verses per chapter I can take this out.

Anyway CKeyChain is the same class for lexica keys and bible keys.
It's only build on the first request then only a pointer to the stored
structure is returned.
I agree, a very time consuming step is to set the module to each key and read
the key out of the module. So the module must repositione itself for each key
it holds.
I don't know of a faster way.

I will try this out (with not filling the combo) when I have time again (at
the moment my work project is veeeerry time consuming, sadly)

Bless you.

--

best regards,
Torsten Uhlmann