[bt-devel] Optionsdialog

bt-devel@crosswire.org bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 02 Mar 2000 22:48:40 GMT

Joachim Ansorg writes:

> Hi!
>
> I have some sugestions abou the optionsdialog.
>
> Darwin, why do you use functions like

The main reason I do anything at this point is that I discovered a way that
seems to work.  I assume if I do something that is too far out of character
someone will let me know...  It worked.  ;-)

> void COptionsDialog::followedLinkChanged(const QColor &color)
>
> It's easier to save the color in saveColorOptions and not change an internal
> string everytime the color changes.

Just to clarify the intent of your suggestion.  Are you saying that I
shouldn't worry about the slots, but just save the values of the buttons in
the saveColorOptions?

If so, this does sound easier, more efficient, more robust and more
maintainable.  Thanks for the guidance!!!

My approach was that since the KColorButton provided a slot, that I should
use that slot to perform my actions, when in fact it just adds unnecessary
steps.

> And: Is it possible to have the colors for the HTML widget stored as QColors
> and the colors we need for the CHTMLEntryDisplay object as strings ? Or simply
> save the values in both types (QColor and string).

I am not sure what you mean here.  By strings do you mean something like
"#ffffff", as is done now?

This can be retrieved  as a QString with config->readEntry().

When saved with config->writeEntry() and reading by
config->readColorEntry() the values are recorded as decimal values for RGB
(255,255,255).

With saving the value as hexadecimal it is pretty easy to initialize a
QColor object, as I do in coptionsdialog.cpp.

I would resist (very slightly) saving the values multiple times, just
because of the possibility of ythe two getting out of sync by manual
editing of bibletimerc or program problems.

Perhaps if you restated your request.  Remember that I am not as fluent in
OO concepts, and may be missing a simple point...

> This would be great!

I'll see what I can do.

--
   Darwin Gregory

   Help California define marriage the way God does...
   Support Proposition 22!   Vote YES on Prop 22!