[bt-devel] Locked Modules

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 17:10:20 +0000

Am Mon, 26 Jun 2000 schrieben Sie:
> Hi,
> I have finally got Bibletime 0.24 running on my RedHat Box.  During the
> week I will be upgrading to KDE2(beta) and attempting to compile sword 1.5
> and Bibletime 0.30beta1.  Any issues I need to be aware of?

Please install KDE2 in a different directory than KDE1 ;-)
Use QT 2.1.1, it contains lots of bugfixes (and some new bugs ;-) .

> Also, as I wish to start doing some code digging and hopefully participate
> in development work (it's been a long time coming), how do I go about
> unlocking the locked modules?

That's cool to have a new developer!

To unlock the modules you have to be subscribed to the SWORD list.
And: It's only for testing! If you want to use these modules daily please
contact the copyright holder of the modules and ask them to make them
available.
I know this isn't probably the thing you wanted to hear. It's sad but true
that these companies have a copyright on the Bible.
You get the keys if you ask on the SWORD developer list for the "SWORD
developer page".
But if you are a developer of BIbleTime or SWORD you may use them (for
testing ;-).

BibleTime 0.3beta1 has a dialog to enter the key for a module to unlock it
and writes it to the config if it has write acces to the config files.

I finally sent my letter to the "Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft", it took weeks
;-)