[bt-devel] Licensing

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 22:10:20 +0000

Hi!

On Die, 13 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> On 13 Jun 2000, at 17:08, Joachim Ansorg sent forth the message:
> > Hi!
> >
> > AFAIK the FSF accepted the QT free license as a "GPL like" license!
>
> Hi,
> They accepted it as a 'free' license, but as one that doesn't work
> well with the GPL.
>
> > But why it's forbidden to link a "GPL"ed program with a "QT free"
> > licensed program ??
>
> It's ok to link them together (AFAIK), it's just that you can't
> distribute GPL code and QPL code in the same program.

??
But they are different packages! And no code in BIbleTime QPL'ed.
Sorry, I dislike all this license problems. I simply add the GPL sentences to
every header. I have now problem with it, as long as others don't change the
authors section.
Which possibilities do we have noew?

-Adding the special exception to the headers ??
- Changing to LGPL ??
-whatever else ...

Thank for all your answers, it seems you are the only one understanding all
these license probllems ;-)

--Joachim