[[bt-devel] implemnted auto completion]

Thomas Philpot bt-devel@crosswire.org
2 Jun 00 14:08:39 CDT

For test purposes I implemnted autocompletion.
It's at the moment only available in bible presenters.

Type something like "Gen" in the book combo and press CTRL+E to get the
completed key.
The edit line does also support it.
report if it's working ...

Joachim,

I haven't tried it yet (since I'm moving this weekend), but I have a couple of
comments about autocompletion.

1) Didn't someone commit an autocompleting combo box to KDE Libs?  I thought I
saw that somewhere.  I assume you used that functionality, but whatever
works.

2) Why should the user have to press CTRL+E to get the box to auto-complete?
Couldn't you do something like the following:  Set the signal for
keypresses/character entry to check the length of the string entered and try
to autocomplete the line using that slot if the string matches.  For example,
when the user types 'Jo' the box does nothing.  Once he adds the 's', it trys
to autocomplete 'Josuha'.  I think this is more intuitive.  My question is, is
it possible?

I can't wait to get settled at my new place (hopefully with DSL :) to try out
all the changes over the last few months...

Tom