[bt-devel] The next steps to version 1.0

Chris Marsh bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 09:18:46 +1000

-----Original Message-----
From: Joachim Ansorg [mailto:jockel123@gmx.de]
Sent: Wednesday, 26 July 2000 23:07
To: bt-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: Re: [bt-devel] The next steps to version 1.0

Hi!

Here are some things I forgot:

Things which should be discussed:
--------------------------
	-Plugin support
	IMHO plugins shouldn't be used to replace things like presenters or
printing, plugins should be used to add some new functionality which will
appear in a special menu in the menubar. One things could be "Bible
crossword
puzzle" or "fill the gap" (as far as I remember Darwin said this). The
mentioned example could be useful for sunday school.

This would be a great idea.  IMHO, it would immeasurably improve the appeal
of Bibletime.

	-KPart support
	I don't know if this is worth it. KParts are used to embed other
programs in
another one (used in KOffice). We could use KParts to embed other programs
like KWord in the commentary editor. But I'm not sure if this is possible.

If it is possible, then this would again be a great addition to Bibletime.

	-A sermon backend
	A sermon backend could be used to write own sermon. The saved files
won't be
SWORD files, they would have an own format. The backend should contain
specialsupport for writing sermons.

The ideas just get better and better.  This backend should have the abiblity
to link to Bible verses to make it easier for cross-referencing purposes.

Cheers,
Chris Marsh

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com