[bt-devel] Installing 0.3beta1

Chris Marsh bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 14:47:50 +1000

Hi all,
I am having problems with Bibletime 0.3beta1 on KDE2.  I have KDE2
pre-release installed on Debian Potato (2.2).  I have sword installed via
the use of pre-compiled binaries from a tarball (Sword 1.5.1).  I have had
Bibletime 0.24 installed and running (no bible books, but wasn't worried as
this was the wrong version!).  When I try the 'configure' script, I get an
error with ZLIB.  I have installed this (can't remember version) with no
progress.  I have attached the relevant section from the config log below
and can send the file on request:

configure:2902: checking for object suffix
configure:2908: gcc -c -O2  conftest.c 1>&5
configure:2928: checking for executable suffix
configure:2938: gcc -o conftest -O2   conftest.c  1>&5
configure:2976: checking whether NLS is requested
configure:2997: checking for msgfmt
configure:3031: checking for gmsgfmt
configure:3076: checking for xgettext
configure:3123: checking for extra includes
configure:3154: checking for extra libs
configure:3188: checking for libz
configure:3214: gcc -o conftest -O2     conftest.c  -lz  1>&5
configure:3207: zlib.h: No such file or directory
configure: failed program was:
#line 3205 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

#include<zlib.h>