[bt-devel] beta1 is released now

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 17:20:23 +0000

Hi all!

> > > Also, does the HTML widget allow you to double-click on a word to
> > > select it? (Didn't work for me...)
> >
> > I think we have to implement it.
>
> I already tried this. Would be easy to do within ceditwidget, but I don't
> know how to do it in chtmlwidget....

Isn't it already done in CEditWidget (by the QT guys)?
I'll try but I'll probably fail ;-)

> > > Easier module install for newbies would be nice!
> >
> > The installation dialog ;-)
> > But Martiin dislikes it.
>
> Hey! What I said was only that it might be difficult and a lot of work, and
> that there is already an install manager on the sword cd (though I never
> used it). Installing via ftp would be a cool thing for people who do not
> have a cd. So I like this thing, but I am not sure whether this should be
> part of bibletime _now_. Maybe this would be big enough to be an
> independent app (kswordman?).

Not now. IMHO in 0.4 or later.
I get often reports from users unable to install modules (permission
problems, path problems, configuartion problems etc.).
IMHO this part won't be very big because lots of the functionality i in
kdelibs (KIO for FTP management, KTar classes for unpacking, KProcess to
start programs or scripts etc.).
Shouldn't be very hard.

> > > Combine search text and search scope panes?
> >
> > Hmm, needs to be discussed.
>
> The search text pane could be filled with some other things like a regexp
> editor. And we need some consistend explanation function within the whole
> bt. Joachim, i think you used QWhatsThis at several places, but I don't
> know how to use it in the program. We need to explain _every_ widget,
> option or whatever.

I used it lots in main window, optionsdialog, presenters etc.
Press SHIFT+F! and test ;-)

Don't you have this nice QT 2.1 documentation?
Have a look in KDevelop (doc part) or in QT2-directory/html/ or
QT2-directory/doc/html.

Look in bibletime.cpp, in unctions initView. There's an example.

If I remeber right the syntax is QWhatsThis::add(widget, "help text");
add is a static function.

> The scope editor must be changed: it must be possible to add modules.
> I suggest to have all the modules listed, but only the active ones are
> marked (the unused ones could be gray...)

??
There are only the modules displayed which will be used for te search. Is
that wrong?

> Something else: after a search the search result page should be opened
> automatically, I only see a klineedit from the results page...

Do youhave QT 2.1.0 ?
AFAIK many of these small bugs are solved in QT 2.1.1. Why not use the
qt-copy module of CVSUP?

> Joachim, in QHtmlWidget there are strong numbers like <07853> (displayed as
> 07853), and like (8878) displayed as (8878). When such a verse is inserted
> into ceditwidget, the <> style stongs are not displayed, only the () style.
> Could you explain this?

I'll look at it. Probably a filter thing (htmltoplain).

> bt does not terminate corrrectly when closed by the kde window X button.

Really? I thought I fixed it. It works for me (latest CVS of KDE libs).
Wait 20 days until the next beta of KDE2 appears ;-)