[bt-devel] 2 Problems (no HTML)

Thomas J. Philpot bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 16:50:53 -0600 (CST)

Hi guys,
Sorry about that...  Kmail doesn't like my smtp server so I tried
to use Mozilla's mailer.  Turns out it wasn't correctly set up for
non-HTML mail. So I tried Communciator, but it insists on asking for my
smtp password all the time (which is why I switched to kmail in the
first place).  But, pine
seems to be working, so we'll try that. ;)

My apologies... Here's what I meant to write w/o HTML coding.

I've got a couple of problems. First of all, the current CVS
doesn't link correctly. Here's a snippet of the errors I get when
'make' the CVS code under KDevelop1.
/frontend/presenters/libpresenters.a(cbiblepresenter.o): In function
`CBiblePresenter::CBiblePresenter(QWidget *, char const *, KToolBar *,
CModuleInfo *)': cbiblepresenter.o(.text+0x2d): undefined reference to
`CBiblePresenter::QPaintDevice virtual table'
cbiblepresenter.o(.text+0x37): undefined reference to `CBiblePresenter
virtual table' ./frontend/presenters/libpresenters.a(cbiblepresenter.o):
In function `CBiblePresenter::~CBiblePresenter(void)':
cbiblepresenter.o(.text+0x238): undefined reference to
`CBiblePresenter::QPaintDevice virtual table'
cbiblepresenter.o(.text+0x23f): undefined reference to `CBiblePresenter
virtual table'

Secondly, the last time I was able to build the CVS (i.e.
yesterday) I got some strange results. The CMDIarea and the menu/tool bars
were black text on a black background. The group manager was fine (White
background, black text). The menu highlights were thankfully white so I
could see the menu option I was currently over. Anyway, I have kdelibs and
kdesupport from CVSup (3 days old max) built and installed. They seem to
be correct insofar as at compiler doesn't complain. I also have Qt from
the same day, built and installed and the examples work. Any ideas??? Has
anyone else had this problem?

Tom

PS I hope to be a bit more useful and less of a nusiance when I get my
system up and running. ;)