[bt-devel] Environment setup

bt-devel@crosswire.org bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 16:24:40 GMT

It would be helpful for me if someone would provide a step by step guide in
setting up the development environment for development of BibleTime 0.3

I will present what I plan to do, please fill in the details and make
corrections.

I will be creating a special account for development that will use .bashrc
to customize environment variables so that the Beta software has minimal
impact on my everyday environment.

I will be downloading KDK 1.0 and installing it.

I will be downloding the latest snapshot of Qt and installing it.  The
development environment will point to this version with the QTDIR
environmental variable.

Would it be beneficial to download the Qt snapshot from the KDE site
instead?

I will be downloading kdelibs 1.89 and installing it.  The development
environment will point to this version with the KDEDIR environment
variable.

Is running configure, make and make install with the KDEDIR set to the
target location the proper way to install a second KDE environment?

Is there anything that needs to be done to Kdevelop to prepare it to use
these new libraries, or are the environment variables enough?

Anything else I should look out for?

--
   Darwin Gregory

   Creation is more scientifically valid than evolution!