[bt-devel] Groupmanager

Torsten Uhlmann bt-devel@crosswire.org
29 Jan 2000 14:32:28 +0100

    > Hi!  I wan't to implement the saving of the module tree items.
    > Torsten, how have you done this (shorrt explanation). Which
    > trouble do you experienced?

    > How could I do it better?

Do you ask me now because of the bookmark tree? Well best you look into
the class, it's so long since then.

I used several QStrList but maybe the config class of KDE is more
flexible now and allows saving of own structs. So I would implement
a structure or so that could be saved and has all details you need for a
groupmanager item. Maybe you can save the item directly.

But what you _should_ do is use an own file for the items. I put them in
bibletimerc which was not very good. Because if the tree grows larger
you bloat the standard rc file. Create an own file for the items.

But you do not really want to save the items for modules, right?
Only bookmarks and virtual modules? Or do you want to save settings for
each module item...

--

best regards,
Torsten Uhlmann