[bt-devel] Which Qt & KDE Snapshot to use?

Torsten Uhlmann bt-devel@crosswire.org
23 Jan 2000 14:29:28 +0100

--=-=-=

    > Hello all, Anyone know of some buildable snapshots of Qt and KDE2
    > that work well together?  Although I sucessfully built KRASH (KDE
    > 1.89), I can't build BT 0.3 with it since it has no klistview.h.
    > I tried to get the most recent snapshots of Qt and KDE2 (as of
    > 1-21-00) and I can't get Qt to build.  Some of the Makefiles don't
    > contain any build targets.  The recent KDE2 snapshots won't build
    > unless I get a more recent Qt snapshot to build. The KDE libs
    > snapshot I have needs to have QApplication::startDragDistance to
    > build.  Any help would be appreciated...  Also, I just glanced at
    > the QWorkspace class and it does not have the ability to tile MDI
    > child windows.  I think that would be very useful for BT 0.3.  Do
    > the KDE libs have such a class or would we have to subclass
    > QWorkspace ourselves?  I think the KDE libs should have it if they
    > don't, since many KDE apps could possibly benefit from this
    > functionality.

    > Tom

We get KDE and qt via cvsup. Basically you have a call

cvsup kde.cvsup

which will get the most resent version directly out of CVS. This is
preffered over all other methods since you don't have to grab a whole
snapshot but it will only get the diffs. Below is my cvsup file

--=-=-=

*default host=max.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de
*default base=/usr/local/src/KDE/CVS
*default prefix=/usr/local/src/KDE/KDE
*default release=cvs
*default delete
*default compress
*default tag=.
*default use-rel-suffix
qt-copy
kde-common
kdesupport
kdelibs
kdejava
kdebase
kdegraphics
kdemultimedia
kdenetwork
kdenonbeta
kdeutils
ksite
koffice
kdebindings
kdetoys
kmusic
kdesdk
korganizer
klyx
kdevelop
kdepim
kde-i18n
kdoc
kfte

--=-=-=

This most recent version worked for me, at least qt-copy, desupport and
kdelibs you need.

For qt-copy:
make -f Makefile.cvs
./configure -gif -sm
make

all others the normal way.

In qt there is a MDI example where you _can_ tile and cascade widgets. I
don't know if the programmed it thereselfs or if it is part of
QWorkspace. Maybe we should look at the example code.

Hope this helps...

--

best regards,
Torsten Uhlmann