[bt-devel] Which Qt & KDE Snapshot to use?

Thomas Philpot bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 20:18:42 -0600

Hello all,

	Anyone know of some buildable snapshots of Qt and KDE2 that work well
together?  Although I sucessfully built KRASH (KDE 1.89), I can't build BT 0.3
with it since it has no klistview.h.  I tried to get the most recent snapshots
of Qt and KDE2 (as of 1-21-00) and I can't get Qt to build.  Some of the
Makefiles don't contain any build targets.  The recent KDE2 snapshots
won't build unless I get a more recent Qt snapshot to build. The KDE
libs snapshot I have needs to have QApplication::startDragDistance to build.
Any help would be appreciated...
	Also, I just glanced at the QWorkspace class and it does not have the
ability to tile MDI child windows.  I think that would be very useful for BT
0.3.  Do the KDE libs have such a class or would we have to subclass QWorkspace
ourselves?  I think the KDE libs should have it if they don't, since many KDE
apps could possibly benefit from this functionality.

Tom