[bt-devel] First developm,ent of GUI

Torsten Uhlmann bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 08:43:33 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: Joachim Ansorg <Jockel123@gmx.de>
To: <bt-devel@crosswire.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2000 12:29 AM
Subject: [bt-devel] First developm,ent of GUI

> Hi!
>
> I have made some first classes and beginnings of the GUI. I hope everything
> complans to our standards.
>
> Torsten, how should we handle the SLOT connections between
> BibleTime<->CBibleTimeView ?
What do you mean?

As a general rule: let every class only know it's own behaviour. In other words last version we did
a lot reconnecting via a mediator class which is bad IMO. The classes should know where to connect
themselves, write their own config data, properly encapsulate their specific behaviour. However there
_are_ exceptions from this rule.

I don't know if I answered you question because I didn't understand it, but I hope so!

Let's see when we have a new stable version ready :)