[bt-devel] Likes and dislikes

Torsten Uhlmann bt-devel@crosswire.org
28 Feb 2000 19:22:57 +0100

    > Hi!
    >> Hi folks, some comments from me.
    >>
    >> I like the integrated editor in commentary presenters, it is much
    >> better working with it, you don't have to look around where your
    >> editor has hidden.

    >> I though dislike the startup time a lexicon presenter needs
    >> again! Try loading ISBE or another big module. It takes ages to
    >> build the toolbar.  Please suggest ways how we can do this
    >> better, we need a way out here!

    > Perhaps we could optimize the functions to retrieve the keys
    > (CKeyChain) ? I think the keys are stored in the module, perhaps
    > we get them directly there?

As far as I remember I build the key chain only once and than with all
elements, no matter if you only display 100 in toolbar or all. Since the
display time was reasonable (in my eyes) when we only displayed some
keys this is not the playes to optimize. The writing into the ComboBox
must be optimized.

--

best regards,
Torsten Uhlmann