[bt-devel] Search Dialog

Torsten Uhlmann bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 17:37:45 +0100

Thanks for your suggestions.

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000 Jeffrey Hoyt wrote:
> Hi!  Perhaps this is already in the works, but the search dialog is
> missing a feature.  Under the "search result" tab there needs to be a
> button, doubleclick, or LMB click to jump to a particular verse in a
> presenter (like BT 0.22).
This is in the works (not yet in CVS).

 Also, showing a passage in the "search
> result" box and the "Verse preview" box is redundant, unless I am
> missing something (never rule that out!).
In the box it's supposed to be only a preview of only 100 chars. The preview
window should contain any formatting the verse has (not impl. yet).
Do you think this is reasonable?

  Also, when a search is
> completed the SearchDialog needs to jump to the Search Result tab,
> provided verses were found.
Didn't yet figure out how to jump there.
I must look in BT 0.22 how it was done there,

If none were found, how about a little
> popup warning window saying, "No verses were found.  Please revise your
> search and try again." ?
Maybe a text in the preview part of the result view?

--

best regards,
Torsten Uhlmann

TUhlmann@gmx.de