[bt-devel] Building a debug version

Torsten Uhlmann bt-devel@crosswire.org
24 Feb 2000 17:52:18 +0100

    > How do I set the -g flag to gpp automatically in the Makefile?
    > There must be a way to do this.  I'd like to be able to build a
    > debuggable version on occasion to see where BT (or other programs)
    > are crashing.

You either do it via kdevelop (in the project options menu) or with
./configure --enable-debug, but this sets a few flags more (-pedantic)
which could cause errors during compilation.

I do it with kdevelop (in newer ones you can set KDE2 and QT2 path in
the settings). Also if you do configure the kde and qt paths are cached
so when you not remove the config.cache file you can overwrite settings
with kdevelop.

--

best regards,
Torsten Uhlmann