[bt-devel] Compile Problem

Torsten Uhlmann bt-devel@crosswire.org
24 Feb 2000 09:37:05 +0100

    > I did a Clean/Rebuild all in order to do a complete compilation,
    > as it had been a while since I last did one.

    > I had to go outside of kdevelop to do a rebuild due to the need to
    > point to the development libraries, so I did so. now whether
    > inside kdevelop or not I receive:

    > Making all in tipofday gmake[1]: Entering directory
    > `/home/develop/bibletime-2/bibletime/tipofday' gmake[1]: *** No
    > rule to make target `AR', needed by `libtipofday.a'. Stop.
    > gmake[1]: Leaving directory
    > `/home/develop/bibletime-2/bibletime/tipofday' gmake: ***
    > [all-recursive] Error 1 *** failed ***

    > Did I do something wrong, or is something missing in the
    > installation.

Did you do a ./configure ?
Maybe you should delete config.cache so that all values are searched for
anew.
Seems like the variable AR (which probably stands for ar) is not
resolved. Never had this before.

BTW, if you use a fairly new (some weeks) kdevelop (still for KDE1) you
can set the path for qt2 and kde2 and then you can stay inside kdevelop.

--

best regards,
Torsten Uhlmann

TUhlmann@gmx.de