[bt-devel] Speed

Torsten Uhlmann bt-devel@crosswire.org
12 Feb 2000 09:03:17 +0100

    > Hi!  I noticed that the presenters of BibleTime 0.3 are very slow
    > in comparision with BibleTime 0.2x.  Is this the backend, the HTML
    > widget, the frontend or combinations of this?

    > Is there somewhere a frontend for gprof, the GNU profiler
    > (e.. generating diagrams ...) ?

    > Thanks!  -- Joachim BibleTime - the bible study program for KDE
    > http://www.bibletime.de/ info@bibletime.de

It could well be the KDE2 libs, they _are_ slower than KDE1. But
probably also the object encapsulation for the modules. This needs more
memory and goes via virtual tables. I'm not a profiling expert but I
guess this will also cost time and memory. Former BT had a very simple
interface to the modules. The interface now is more flexible but it also
costs a price.

--

best regards,
Torsten Uhlmann