[bt-devel] *suggestion*

Torsten Uhlmann bt-devel@crosswire.org
07 Feb 2000 19:43:31 +0100

    > If I am not mistaken (I couldn't get wine sword.exe to work)
    > Sword's win32 gui uses multiple window panes.  You could have a
    > Bible text, commentary and lexicon open on the desktop
    > simultaneously.  The Online Bible for win32 also does this.  This
    > is a necessary addition (imho) to BibleTime.  The best orientation
    > would be "text" | "commentary" side-by-side, then "lexicon"
    > underneath.  I guess "lexicon" would go where the "notes
    > editor" goes now.  The "notes editor" could be in a popup window.
    > I wouldn't have a problem with that at all.  Of course, users
    > would be free to select which panes are displayed, much like now.

    > Great work, God bless!  Jeff Hoyt --       |
    > http://jhoyt.faithweb.com | "He is no fool who gives what he
    > cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."                 - Jim
    > Elliot

Thanks for your suggestions! We knew in advance you would say something
like this so we implemented it for BibleTime next (see CVS
screenshot). You can have multiple bibles, comm, lex open
simultaniously, tiled, cascaded or placed yourself. We use QWorkspace as
MDI container.

--

best regards,
Torsten Uhlmann