[bt-devel] SWORD ISO CDROM IMAGE

bt-devel@crosswire.org bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 02 Feb 2000 21:26:42 GMT

Following my offer of assistance is a suggestion for future releases.

Torsten Uhlmann writes:

> We (in Germany) are though not able to test the iso image since
> downloading some 100 MB is terribly expensive.

Torsten, I will download an image and burn one for you, as well as for
myself.  Let me know your address.  Do you think Joachim would be
interested in a copy while I am burning them?  Or are you guys busy enough
with BT 0.3 to bother with this?

My direct e-mail address is darwin@ichristian.com if you prefer to give me
your address off of the list.

My suggestion:

To save bandwidth and time, especially for overseas brothers and sisters,
or those with slow connections it may be worth considering two ISO images.
One for the full installation, and one for testing installation and
functionality.  The test ISO could contain the programs, and a couple of
Bible texts (KJV, German and Greek/Hebrew??) along with a couple of
commentaries and dictionaries.  This would accomodate testing without a
lengthy download process.

--
   Darwin Gregory

   Creation is more scientifically valid than evolution!