[bt-devel] Developer's FAQ on Website

Torsten Uhlmann bt-devel@crosswire.org
02 Feb 2000 08:55:17 +0100

    > Hey guys, I know we've gone over this a million times in the last
    > 2 weeks, how do you get kdoc2 to build the project API's and or
    > KDE libs documentation?  Now that I finally have the menus visible
    > and kdebase built, I can concentrate on looking at the code and
    > possibly adding to it.  I just would like the HTML project
    > documentation.

1) get kdoc with cvsup (name in the cvsup file is kdoc
It installs I believe in /usr/local. I removed (saved) the old kdoc and
installed the new one.

2) I compiled kdevelop with ./configure --enable-kdoc2
3) I removed the kdevelop settings from .kde in my home dir (so that it
        goes thru the install process again.
4) sadly kdevelop finds the old qt and kde but I was able to change this
in the kdevelop settings. I set qt dir to /usr/local/qt2 and kdelib dir
to usr/local/src/KDE/KDE/kdelibs (where my cvsup sources are)

With a bit additional fiddeling this did the trick for my.

Ahm, the qt documentation works without kdoc, it's just the kdelib docu
that needs kdoc2

Please ask if you have more questions.

    > I might also suggest adding a Developers FAQ to
    > the website for common questions and stuff that show up on the
    > mailing list, so that you can answer them once and then everyone
    > can go back to the website for the details.  For example, my
    > question about kdoc2, kde2libs and BT api's.  Another might be the
    > black on black problem that Torsten solved for us.  It sure would
    > save some useless traffic on the mailing list and would give us
    > and others a common reference for common questions.  What do you
    > think?

Good idea. Maybe we have someone on the list who wants to do it?

There was an offer for web page help on the sword list, Troy, what do
you think? Anyway a good idea. I just have no time :)

--

best regards,
Torsten Uhlmann

TUhlmann@gmx.de