[bt-devel] Search Dialog

Torsten Uhlmann bt-devel@crosswire.org
02 Feb 2000 08:48:39 +0100

    > One more question before I retire for the evening...  What kind of
    > search dialog are we going to use?  Something like KEdSearch
    > (isn't that what KDevelop uses?)  or something more sophisticated?
    > I think it might need to be a lttle more advanced to handle both
    > "find-in-page" searches as well as multi-book searches.  If anyone
    > is interested, I'll try to get my thoughts together and post them
    > for discussion.  Has anyone else thought about this feature?  I
    > think it is probably one of the most used computerized Bible study
    > features.  How many times do you sit there and think "Where is
    > that verse?  I know it says something like ..."  I think we should
    > spend a little energy doing that feature just right.

    > Later, Tom

Yes, it needs to be a good dialog, but I think we can start simple. Look
at the dialog of BibleTime-0.2.2. These are the options that are
supported by SWORD by now. I would like a tabbed (grin) dialog with at
least two tabs. The first is the search dialog, maybe a second with the
search scope- but it can as well go on the first page for a better
overview and a second with the search result. The search result is not
just a list of keys but rather keys and the data for that key bundled
together. It is easy this way to display the found verse in the result
tab. This way we can also have a print option which prints the found
verses. These are my only thought. Yours are very welcome!

--

best regards,
Torsten Uhlmann

TUhlmann@gmx.de