[bt-devel] RFC: New Stuff

Thomas J. Philpot bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 11:07:47 -0600

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> May I make a request?.... :)
>

> I have, on order, an SA1100 handheld for which I hope to write some
> software.
> (http://www.ipaqlinux.com).
>
> I see that trolltech has publish a free micro-edition of Qt and a
> desktop (is 'desktop' still a correct term? :) ) for this handheld.
> (http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/embedded/qpe.html)
>

>   How hard would it be, or is it already so, to have simple module
> display classes modularized enough so that I might include them in a
> 'bt-micro edition'....
>
> Is there anyone else who would like to see something like this, or who
> is interested in doing this themselves (since I'm not very Qt literate)?
>

> 	Thanks,
> 		-Troy.

I've have often thought about doing a scripture memory program w/ Qt and
Sword.   I wonder how useful it would be on a desktop system (since I
don't often sit a my computer to have my quiet time, etc) , but it might
be great for a YOPY.  You could review verses whenever, and you could
always carry it with you...  I'm interested....  Now if I could just
find some time to devote to learning Qt and SWORD :)