[bt-devel] i18n and ISO8859-x fonts

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 21:58:29 +0100

Hi!

It works now!

Please test it heavily! It's in current CVS.

I tested it with Slovak (you have to change your environment settings for
this!) and it displays the characters coorrectly! Even in the titlebar etc.

Please comment!

To test it with a language which is not your won:

(example German)

export LANGUAGE=de_DE
export LANG=de
export LC_MESSAGES=de_DE
export LC_CTYPE=de_DE
export LC_DATE=de_DE
Then change the language in the control center of KDE2 to right one (in this
case: German) and set the right font (in this case: ISO8859-1, for Slovak
ISO8859-2).

You do also need the correct fonts (I have also the ISO8859-2 fonts installed
so it works).
You do also have to install the console locale support files (Mandrake
has an own package for every language).

I uploaded a new screenshot which shows BibleTime in Czech.

God bless you!
--Joachim