[bt-devel] searching

bt-devel@crosswire.org bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 21:15:46 GMT

Hi Martin,

Martin Gruner writes:

> I like the idea. But IMO this kind of thing would exceed the direct aim of a
> bible study software. I think it would be perfect to create a plugin with
> these featues.
> What i was talking about was only including a small image in the 2 search
> progress bars saying something like "Jesus is alive". We'll skip it if it is
> to much overhead but i like the idea very much and i think it would be worth
> the effort.
>
> Martin

Actually, my main suggestion was to pick a graphic or two that communicates
similar ideas non-textually to cross language barriers, then I buried it in
my random thoughts on various potential details.

I will stick to a single idea here to clarify my point which was extremely
hidden in the text I deleted in this thread.  Which specific idea is used
is not important to me, I am just trying to invoke thought.

How about a short wide graphic with a cross on a hill at the left side, and
an open tomb on the right.  This could serve as a reminder of Christ's
death on the cross, and resurrection.  Due to the locations of each item,
on a long search, a "story" could be told in stages in a manner such as
this.

This idea may still be beyond the scope of what you were thinking, but I
wanted to make sure I was clearly understood.

--
   Darwin Gregory

   Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.
   Evolution is a myth...