[bt-devel] search

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 01:01:58 +0000

Hi!

> Hi,
>
> if I try to search a bible now for the word "amen", bt will say "create
> framework", then wait a LONG time, then search.  ??? It is not
> interruptable in this time...

Create framework was a quick and dirty thing to test Troys new fast search
engine (with indexing). I removed it in current CVS, try again. We'll
probably put the creation of the index files into the optionsdialog or an
extra dialog poing up if new modules are installed without a search index.

> I installed the modules from CD, but some of them won't display, though I
> can see their module information.  ???

Permission problems or wrog paths to the data files?
The moduleinformation is from mods.d/module.conf, the data files are undex
modules/..../modules/*

Now some comments to the threaded search:

IMHO module->terminateSearc should be set to false before we start the
search, otherwise the modules won't be searched through (it's cancels because
terminateSearch is true), if the searchdialog was closed we should tzreminate
the search.

Maybe we could implement a bar showing how much percent we search already?

> thanx
>
> Martin

--Joachim