[bt-devel] suggestion

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 02:34:00 +0000

Hi!

> Hi, here's an idea:
>
> Put a noteseditor button (the pencil) in the Bible presenter toolbar.
> Clicking on it would bring up the Personal commentary window in edit mode,
> set to the current verse.  That would really be useful.  Do the same for
> other commentaries also.  Right now the edit button is disabled except in
> the Personal commentary presenter.

Hm, doing this we would have to define a standard personal commentary, right?
If you press the pencil in a non-writable commentary, should the personal
commentary be opened?

> On www.bibletime.de Joachim said that Crosswire is starting up a newsgroup
> for us.  So, I fired up KNode, and tried to get in the action.  However, I
> wasn't successful.  Can anyone give me a "Newsgroups For Dummies"
> walk-through?

Hm, I'm not very experienced with newsgroups.
First, set the newsgroup server to crisswire.org
Then get a list of available newsgroups and open the newsgroup for bibletime.

I think I'll test KNode.

> Thanks,
> Jeff

--Joachim