[bt-devel] BIBLETIME baseinstall into an rpm

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 14:23:08 +0000

Hi!

>Joachim rather than trying to redo all your work, your base install
>works fine on my system, I figure I could make it into an rpm and
>include the sword.conf and a few other things that way it would install
>and run on anything without having sword first.

Very good idea !

>The only advantage of compiling it on mandrake is that by default it
>compiles as a i586 instead of i386. It should just run a little faster.
>The other thing is that because mandrake is a little different sometimes
>compiling gives me errors that you probably don't get and I don't know
>how to fix them. The last thing is that I have never got sapphire to
>compile into sword.

Hmm, compiling for a i586 isn't always a good idea: Think of a user with a i486, BibleTime compiled for a 586 won't run on his machine.
The errors you compiler gives you are probably caused by other standard compiler otpions, somewhere ina config file.
Doesn't matter, they are only warnings.

My compiled BibleTime is version 0.24 with cpmpiled in sapphire. Works for encrypted modules.

>Does your bibletime base work ok with the encrypted modules? Is there
>anything else I should know before I try this?

Mmh, perhaps we should include the Polish translation into it ? But 0.25 isn't out yet and I don't want to release it because 0.24 was released
some days ago. Opinions ?

-- Joachim
BibleTime - the bible study program for KDE
http://www.bibletime.de/
info@bibletime.de