[bd-users] Settings/Modules in Portable BibleDesktop

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 06:26:54 MST 2008

Rob -Scrape- French wrote:
> I unpacked BibleDesktop (jsword-1.6) onto a USB drive, and I ran the
> PortableBibleDesktop executable. My expectation was that this would
> keep everything on the USB drive. However, I noticed that it still
> saved my settings on my C:\ drive, and that's where it downloaded
> modules to as well. What am I missing? I would like it to be
> completely self-contained on the USB drive.

Rob,
The PortableBibleDesktop executable has some assumptions about the
layout of the folders on the USB drive. See:
www.crosswire.org/~dmsmith/bd for details. I haven't updated it since
the release, so just replace the jar files in it with the ones you
downloaded and it should work.

If you find that it leaves any traces on your host computer let me know.

In Him,
    DM