[bd-users] BD updating

Coby Ingram oomingmaks at netscape.com
Thu Mar 1 11:34:52 MST 2007

Guys--

I'm trying to check out the latest changes to BD, so I got the 2-24
nightly release, but over-copying the jarfiles to /lib made it not work.
Had to revert.

The error message I'm getting has to do with there being no such thing
as <[ -e>, which is a line or three from BibleDesktop.sh.  Plus it's not
finding a class.

I'm running Java6 (1.4.2) from Debian Unstable on an Ubuntu 6.06 system.

What I'd like help with most is knowing how to apply the changes from a
JSword.bin.tar.gz download to the unzipped portable version of BD
from /~dmsmith/bd.  I'm assuming the /Nightly/ release is not fully
equivalent?

I was hoping to find that the updated version would locate and load my
personal Bible reading/devotional module, as well as a couple of offsite
modules I downloaded to try out.  So far the November release of BD is
not finding them (I mentioned this to DM back the first part of
February, and then took a break from working on things, until now). So,
once I get it running...:-)

Thanks,

Coby