[bd-users] Newbie/error question

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 13 06:11:47 MST 2005

Andrew,

I fixed the index crashing leaving a corrupted index a few days ago.
I also mostly fixed the same problem with incomplete downloads.
(It assumes unzipping cannot be interrupted, even by a 2 year old:)
We still need to add the ability uninstall modules and their indexes.
So at this time it is a manual fix.

You can fix the problem by going into the ~/.jsword directory and
manually deleting the index in the lucene directory. You can even
delete this entire directory, but it will ask you to regenerate all the
deleted indexes.

To delete a failed indexing on KJV just delete the
    ~/.jsword/lucene/Sword/KJV directory

To delete a failed download delete the following file and directory
    ~/.jsword/mods.d/kjv.conf
    ~/.jsword/modules/texts/ztext/kjv

If you wish to understand a bit more about the ~/.jsword:

The directory structure that you will find in this directory is:
download-www.crosswire.org_ftpmirror_pub_sword
    mods.d.tar.gz
       The master list of modules.
mods.d
       The config files for each of the modules that you have installed.
modules
       Contains subdirectories named for the kinds of modules.
             Contains subdirectories named for the kind of encoding used
for the modules.
                   Contains sub directories for each module.
                      These can be deleted if the corresponding config
file is removed from mods.d.
                      You can find the path to these directories in the
DataPath field in the config file.
lucene
       Contains the single directory Sword (some day we may allow for
modules from other sources)
             Contains subdirectories for each module.
netcache
    A temporary directory used during the running of the program.

Directly in ~/.jsword you will find various property files.
    desktop.properties contains the various options that you have set.