[bd-users] Newbie/error question

Willie Thean williethean at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 11 10:59:26 MST 2004

Hi Andrew --

Try modifying the last line in jsword.sh as follows:

--> "$JAVACMD" -Xms128m -Xmx256m -classpath
"${LOCALCLASSPATH}"
org.crosswire.bibledesktop.desktop.Desktop

-Xmx256m specifies max heap memory of 256 Mb, ASSUMING
your Linux has
that much physical+swap memory available for
BibleDesktop use. You can
increase it in 128m increment until the
OutOfMemoryError goes away. If
the problem doesn't go away, I think you may have to
buy more memory.

Thanks,
Willie

Walderspda wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am a newbie to this list; and to Bible Desktop on
Linux.

> It works fine for me on Windows, but on Linux (with
a very limited
> laptop) I am unable to search, as it can't index the
KJV (Java runs out
> of memory).  If I quit every application, then it
gets as far as
> Proverbs 8!
>

> Has anyone else come across this problem, or (even
better) know of a
> potential solution?  Buying more memory for my
laptop is not an option!