[bibledesktop] Portable BibleDesktop

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 30 18:50:48 MST 2007

If you find yourself wanting to have Bible Desktop wherever you go
with all of your modules, check out Portable Bible Desktop at
www.crosswire.org/~dmsmith/bd

The basic idea is that you unzip the Portable Bible Desktop to a USB
flash drive. Then you can plug it into any Windows, Macintosh or
Linux machine and run from the flash drive. This should leave no
traces on the computer on which you run it.

Alternatively, you can burn it to a CD. To do this you'd unzip it to
a directory of your choice and then run it in order to install all
the books you want and to set your favorite settings. After that,
just burn it to a CD with your favorite CD burning program. When run
from CD, it will leave traces, especially if you download more books
or change preferences. I may address this later.

But let me say from the outset that this is still a bit
experimental.  It is built from the stable release. It should work,
but there are no guarantees. If you run into problems, please let me
know. I'll see what I can do. I hope to make this something that is
part of the stable release.

In His Service,
	DM Smith