mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2301 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Male Bo
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Problem downloading modules/search index

Good day Nic,

I have problems downloading some of the modules and search indexes.

With the modules, downloading hang up after it reach the max of the progress bar. Usually if the download is complete, the page will go back to the description disabling the "Installed" button at the upper right. But this thing doesn't happen anymore. And also, some of the modules can't be downloaded. With the previous versions of Pocketsword, it can be done.

With the search indexes, same issue arises. I've downloaded only the KJV index but getting error downloading ESV and other versions.

PS:

I did a workaround in "installing" some of the modules. Tried it though if it will work out and it did. i have an Iphone Explorer program installed in my PC and browsed the Iphone's file directory until i found the Pocketsword app directory. I then copied the extracted modules to its appropriate folders (modules, texts). Actually, this process bypasses the Module Maintainer Mode. Do you think it caused the problems i encountered (stated above)? I am thinking of that for a while now.

Bo
[Dec 6, 2010 7:12:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia
Re: Problem downloading modules/search index

Hi Bo,

I'd be interested in what file permissions there are on the various folders in the PocketSword app on your device . . . I wonder if there's an issue there? I should try adding some more error checking for those people who have jailbroken their device just in case that is causing an issue? If a module has successfully downloaded, the main issue that can occur at that point is a lack of free space, but I'm hoping that's not what's wrong here?

Thanks, ybic
nic... :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Dec 7, 2010 5:49:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Bo
Regular

Hi Nic,

I have no problem with free space.

What i did was downloaded the raw zip files, extracted it then copied it to Pocketsword's modules directory using Iphone Explorer.

I've checked the file permissions using WinSCP. For those extracted modules I copied, the permission was 0755 (octal). Same with those modules that I've downloaded using my iphone. A while ago, I deleted some of the modules i copied from my PC then downloaded it directly to my iphone. It worked fine but when i tried downloading the indexes, the progress bar reached its max then it stops there. it hanged up. i waited for several minutes hoping that it will be ok but to no avail.i have to press the Home button to exit the app, open it again to check if it was downloaded completely but still, to no avail. what seems to be the problem? i was wondering if it was my net connection but i think its not.

by the way, i completed a download with the BSV but with other versions the issue i stated above still persist.

hoping for your considerate answer. God bless you.

Bo
[Dec 7, 2010 11:07:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Hi Bo,

Sorry for taking a while to get back to you. I'm thinking I'm going to need to rewrite some of the code that downloads and installs modules. Unfortunately it won't be for v1.4.0, but it looks like CrossWire are going to make some minor changes to the module repositories, so when that happens, I'll take advantage of those optimisations. :)

Thanks for all the details you've provided, it's helped me narrow down where the problem may lie. :)
PocketSword Developer
[Feb 2, 2011 6:18:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Bo
Regular

Good day Nic,

Solved this problem of my own. I've changed the permission rights of every folder using WinSCP. I've patterned the rights to KJV folder which is embedded in the program.

1.4.0 is surely the beginning of a new structure. Looking forward for more improvements and optimizations.

God bless you more and more and more!

Thanks,

Bo
[Mar 6, 2011 7:02:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Ahh, great to hear that this was solved. :)
PocketSword Developer
[Mar 7, 2011 3:39:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male WmBruce
Stranger

USA
smile Re: Problem downloading modules/search index

I did not solve the problem of downloading modules or indexes, but I resolved the hang of a download by shutting off the iPhone completely, restarting it and was able to open up Pocket Sword again.
[Nov 4, 2012 9:33:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread