mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1183 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male jdhanley

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Problems with "Personal" commentary module

In the "Personal" window, when I choose "Edit"-->"Open in editor", the text editor window opens, but when I type something and then save it, it does not appear in the "Personal" window.

I am having similar problems trying to edit in BibleTime (see my post in that forum). It may or may not be related.

I am using Ubuntu 10.10.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
[Nov 7, 2010 4:04:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ransom1982
Regular

Re: Problems with "Personal" commentary module

Do you know where on the files ystem your personal module is located? Perhaps it is write-protected.
[Nov 7, 2010 7:48:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jdhanley

Data files seem to be in .sword directory. The "Personal" config file is in .sword/mods.d directory. The conf file says:

[Personal]
DataPath=./modules/comments/rawfiles/personal/
ModDrv=RawFiles
Description=Personal Commentary
About=This module allows you to store your own commentary.
LCSH=Bible--Commentaries.
SwordVersionDate=2002-01-01

InstallSize=691798

However there is no file in modules/comments/rawfiles/personal.

All these directories are owned by the user and have read/write/executable permissions as user attributes.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
[Nov 9, 2010 3:30:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jdhanley

So I manually created a "personal" directory in the rawfiles directory.

I tested this out in BibleTime and right clicked on "Personal" (under Commentaries). "Edit" was still greyed out so I clicked on "About". It told me:

Version unknown

Markup unknown
Location /home/john/.sword/modules/comments/rawfiles/personal/
Language English
LCSH Bible--Commentaries.
Writable no

About:
This module allows you to store your own commentary.

I even did a chmod on the directory to make it 777 and still the program tells me "Writeable No".

Any ideas why it thinks the directory is not writeable?

Thanks!
[Nov 9, 2010 3:41:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jdhanley

Interesting. I reinstalled the module and now it works. I am not sure why it didn't in the first place. Go figure.

Thanks for the suggestions!
[Nov 9, 2010 3:56:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread