mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3040 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male alvanx
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Support more alternative verse syntaxes, e.g. "Luke 13,12"

I would like to see SWORD supporting different verse syntaxes. It's all cool that I'm able to enter Luke 13:12 or Luke 13.12, but Luke 13,12 is not supported for some reason. However, this is the common German verse format.

The full syntax for extended citations would look like this: Luke 13,12.15.18; 15,2 (unlike the common English format: Luke 13:12,15, ... etc.). It is also not uncommon to leave a space behind the comma, before the verse number.

I've been waiting for this to work for years, always assuming it would certainly be supported soon.

(Forgive me if there's been discussion on this before. I admit I didn't search the forum before starting this topic...)

Thanks a lot!
[Nov 1, 2010 7:50:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male alvanx
Regular

Re: Support more alternative verse syntaxes, e.g. "Luke 13,12"

Ok since there are no replies, maybe could anyone comment on why this hasn't been integrated so far?

Thanks!
[Dec 1, 2010 7:31:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male alvanx
Regular

Ok, so how about any kind of statement? I really don't like talking to myself... :-)

Thanks!
[Dec 24, 2010 6:38:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Well, it hasn't been integrated because no one had or didn't take the time to do it.
I only know of two different verse reference syntaxes that is for english and german.

Manfred
[Dec 24, 2010 4:44:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male alvanx
Regular

Cool, thanks! And what are the chances it could happen at some point?

EDIT: So I see that there's been a little discussion about this here. Apparently people think it shouldn't be that hard to implement, but I'm lost with the technical aspects of the discussion except that it was suggested to include the verse syntax as part of the locale.

I'd be very happy to see this implemented, and no doubt hundreds of other users. Many more, if a way is found to provide native syntaxes for all languages.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by alvanx at Dec 25, 2010 8:04:00 AM]
[Dec 24, 2010 5:36:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread