mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 29
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7505 times and has 28 replies Next Thread
Male Digerbop
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Personal notes and highlighting

I would like to be able to make notes on verses for my own personal edification afterwards. I would also like to be able to highlight verses.
[Sep 30, 2010 5:39:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia
Re: Personal notes and highlighting

Hi again,

Notes and highlighting of verses are both scheduled to be in v1.4.0 of PocketSword. I'm finishing up on v1.3.3 as we speak, and I hope to start work on v1.4.0 very soon.

Just to let you know, highlighting of verses is anticipated to work the same as it did in the old PalmBible+ app -- when you bookmark a verse, the verse is then highlighted in the Bible tab. You'll be able to customise it by selecting the colour to use, as well.

Thanks, ybic
Nic. :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Oct 2, 2010 9:43:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male whizkid
Stranger

Hi,
it would be great if the personal could be synced with evernote software, which I already use for all my other notes. There are two other bible apps that support that (see: http://www.evernote.com/about/intl/de/trunk/?lang=de&layout=intl#mobile), so it shouldn't be hard...
regards,
whizkid
[Oct 4, 2010 5:50:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Hi there,

That's a good option. I shall look into it :)
PocketSword Developer
[Oct 4, 2010 11:14:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ecclesiologyproper
Regular

Japan

I came here to make the same post and saw that someone beat me to it.

How soon do you think 1.4 will come out with personal notes and highlights?

If it's not gonna be for another few months then I'm gona have to buy the olivesoft bible modules and they're really expensive not to mention once I start putting my notes in there it will be really hard to switch back to pocketsword

(´・_・`)
[Oct 26, 2010 7:07:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Hi there.

Sorry, I have been on holidays (long overdue!) and that has delayed progress. I was hoping to have 1.3.3 released before my break, but instead now my timeline is to have 1.4 out by the end of the year. Sorry, but that's my realistic view, given that I'm also finishing up my paid job in December, so that may take up a little more of my time than usual!

Thanks, ybic
nic... :)
PocketSword Developer
[Nov 1, 2010 4:24:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ecclesiologyproper
Regular

Japan

Aww you're a busy guy
Welp as it is thanks for the work you've already put into it
It already has tons of great functions one of which I love is being able to read the footnotes in the little box right under the text etc

Are you sure you can jump from 1.3 to 1.4 by January ?

That sounds like a huge leap to add such a huge feature in so little time all by yourself
[Nov 1, 2010 5:47:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

hehe - one can only try! I can't guarantee that both features will make it into v1.4.0, but they are both on my list of urgent things to add. The other 2 urgent items are fixing the search screen & implementing a native iPad app (it'll be universal, so it'll work natively on both the iPhone and iPad). :)

Prayer would be appreciated that I can make the most of my spare time, so I can have more time to work on PocketSword. :)

Thanks, ybic
nic... :)
PocketSword Developer
[Nov 1, 2010 10:40:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male cindynmael1
Stranger

USA

It would be nice to be able to export the notes, maybe in a bible format.

If you ever develop a split screen like PalmBiblePlus, one could have one screen with a Bible and the other with one's own personal notes.

Thanks for the hard work.
[Dec 5, 2010 3:32:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male pwcinpc

I am so tickled to locate the Sword for my iPhone. I have been using for years on the Dell Axim which is about to die on me. I have become accustomed to using the personal notes in that platform that allows the hyperlink to other passages which is very convenient. I hope that feature with the notes is available soon.

Thank you again for your work on the iPhone version. I am sure I will get many years of service from this platform.
[Feb 9, 2011 9:21:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread