mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 29
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7519 times and has 28 replies Next Thread
Male JonGl
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Personal notes and highlighting

Highlighting doesn't work in the latest 1.4 version as the update stated. Am I missing something?

I couldn't get it to work either. sad

me too... crying what could have gone wrong...

Can I try walking you through this?

1. Go to Bookmarks by tapping its button down below.
2. Tap on the "Edit" button on the top-right of the screen.
3. Tap on "Add Folder" down below all the bookmarks and folders that exist.
4. Give it a name, and then,
5. Tap on the Highlight Colour" field. Choose your color.
6. Tap on "Save" at the top-right of the screen
7. On the main screen, now tap on "Done".
8. Go back to your Bible, and find the verse you wanted to highlight, and press and hold on the verse reference number.
9. Tap on the "Add Bookmark" button
10. Verify the verse number, and below, tap on the "Folder" button and choose your hightlight from the list. Go back to the "Add Bookmark" page by tapping that button on the top-left of the screen.
11. Tap on "Save" in the top-right.

And you should have your highlighted verse. HTH

-Jon
[Apr 12, 2011 1:01:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

It appears that some people are having troubles with this. I'll try to make it easier to perform a "quick highlight" in a subsequent version . . . probably after work winds up on the iPad version? :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Apr 15, 2011 7:42:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Ahh, well, a quick update: iPad work has begun and there is a rough build on my iPad. Unfortunately it isn't in a suitable state to be released yet, and my studies are taking up all my free time right now. I have some free time coming up, when I'll attack it once more and get it in a suitable state to release. :)

Thanks, ybic
nic... :)
PocketSword Developer
[May 4, 2011 5:22:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male EkkyBoy
Stranger

Unites States

Hi, I was just wondering if the highlighting and note taking is available in the 1.4.0 version? If it is, how do you activate it? I'm having trouble finding that option on the preferences tab. Thanks so much smile
[May 22, 2011 5:04:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    aliens_amongu [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Hi there.

Yes, highlighting is available. To highlight a verse you need to bookmark it and when you bookmark the verse, you need to add it to a bookmark "folder" that you create with a colour associated with it.

Take a look at Jon's post, a few posts up in this thread, and that should run you through what is required.

Thanks, ybic
PocketSword Developer
[May 25, 2011 9:38:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jasonmoon
Stranger

Just wondering if Evernote syncing (or xml exporting/importing) was implemented for bookmarks and notes in Version 1.4.1?
[Nov 4, 2011 11:57:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Hi Jason,

Sorry, right now there is no syncing like that available. My current ideas for syncing include using iCloud for bookmarks so that they can be sync'd between different iOS devices, and using Dropbox to sync notes so that they can be sync'd and edited manually if you want? However, I may go with iCloud exclusively, depending on how things proceed.

Thanks,

ps: sorry it's taking so long, my studies are taking up more time than I expected this year!
PocketSword Developer
[Nov 9, 2011 7:43:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male pwcinpc

Hi Nic, it has been some time since the last post on this string. I am enjoying my Pocketsword over the other Bible applications available primarily due to the integration that it affords with highlighting and the commentaries and other Bible references. thank you for this.

Are you still working on the 'notes' capability for future release? When I used Pocketsword on the Dell Axim it had some very unique capabilities that would make personal notes on a verse selection extremely helpful. Are you familiar with this feature and do you have plans to incorporate such?

Hope your studies have even going well and thank you for your assistance.
[Jun 8, 2012 9:45:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Thanks for your post and for the reminder about this.

My studies have been taking up a lot of my focus recently but I am hoping to have more time in the next semester to work on this :) There is a new release in the works that won't include notes, but after that I am hoping to work on a release with notes, that includes DropBox incorporation. That way you can access your notes anywhere and everywhere on iPhone, iPod touch & iPad in PocketSword, as well as accessing them through other DropBox means. :)

I hope that helps? And I can't wait for this to be incorporated. :)

Thanks,
Nic... :)
PocketSword Developer
[Jul 15, 2012 5:52:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread