mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1319 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male troypulk
Regular

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Need help with OSIS

Hello,

I'm adding red words for Jesus's words and there seems to be an error in the quotation marks that I can't seem to get around.

When I have this in the OSIS.XML:

<q who="Jesus">Permit it now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.</q>

It looks like this in Bibletime:

""Permit it now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.""

The problem is the double quotes, I only want the red ones or none at all.

After reading the OSIS 2.1.1 manual I still haven't found the answer.

I converted my KJV to OSIS and looked at this verse and the quotes appear the same but when I look at the KJV verse in Bibletime there are no quotation marks.

Does any one know whats going on?

Thanks
[Sep 23, 2010 11:35:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

Re: Need help with OSIS

I'm guessing what you have is actually:

"<q who="Jesus">Permit it now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.</q>"

Is that correct? If your text really has no quotation marks in CDATA, then there's a bug in BibleTime that should be reported to them.

The <q> indicates quoted text, which generally means quotation marks should be added. If you don't desire that quotation marks be added, you can add a marker="" attribute to the <q> element. With Sword, you can also turn off all <q>-generated quotation marks in a text by setting OSISqToTick=False in the module's .conf file.
[Sep 24, 2010 12:27:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male troypulk
Regular

USA

No, that's not correct.

There are no quotes in the xml other than <q who="Jesus"> and </q>

I'll try this in Xiphos and see if it shows the quotes correctly, if so I'll post a bug report, then I'll try your advice to see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks
[Sep 24, 2010 8:18:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male troypulk
Regular

USA

Okay,

I figured out what the problem is.

In what I'm doing I'm using osis2mod to convert a freshly made OSIS.XML and after it's converted to a module the double quotes appear.

So the error is in osis2mod, I will have to submit a bug report for it.
[Sep 25, 2010 1:57:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male troypulk
Regular

USA
Re: Need help with OSIS (SOLVED)

I'm guessing what you have is actually:

"<q who="Jesus">Permit it now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.</q>"

Is that correct? If your text really has no quotation marks in CDATA, then there's a bug in BibleTime that should be reported to them.

The <q> indicates quoted text, which generally means quotation marks should be added. If you don't desire that quotation marks be added, you can add a marker="" attribute to the <q> element. With Sword, you can also turn off all <q>-generated quotation marks in a text by setting OSISqToTick=False in the module's .conf file.

Actually, this had nothing to do with osis2mod, the option suggested by Osk was the solution

setting OSISqToTick=False in the module's .conf file

Thanks
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by troypulk at Oct 5, 2010 9:29:00 PM]
[Oct 5, 2010 9:27:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread