mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 21
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3744 times and has 20 replies Next Thread
Male karl
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: SWORD on MeeGo?

Y'know, I have an impression by now of some kind of more general networking problem that you're facing. You can't use any of the links that we provide here, even though I click on them in my own view of this discussion and they all work fine. You can't use the mod.mgr, yet every other user of Xiphos can put the mod.mgr to use mostly without incident...

I don't know what's going on with MeeGo, but by now I'm pretty much convinced that, whatever MeeGo really is, I don't want to recommend it to anyone. You have too many odd problems with it that are simply not in line with user experience on every other platform.

My recommendation is to abandon MeeGo and get back to a more mainstream Linux distribution, where the distributed binary packages are native to the distribution's architecture and install cleanly, networking configures well on its own, and things just work. Having experimented with MeeGo as your "first serious venture into Linux" was not well-selected.
----------------------------------------
Project Admin, Xiphos
[Oct 1, 2010 5:19:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    karlkleinpaste    karlkleinpaste [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread