mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1359 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male DaveB
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Parallel columns

Is it possible to have the Bible, Commentary, Cross references displayed in parallel vertical columns rather than in horizontally separated windows. My eyes can scan the vertical columns more easily.

I just installed MacSword a couple of hours ago and am busy sorting it out. It seems good although I would like some more modern translations even if I have to buy them.
[Sep 4, 2010 11:05:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Parallel columns

Hello Dave.

No, unfortunately at this point you can only have parallel bibles. Mainly to be able to compare the content with verse scroll synching.
Commentaries can be stacked below the bibles and get verse synchronized as well.
But all other content, like dictionaries and such has to be put either into a new window or tab.

We are working on more content and modern bibles but publishers are sometimes a little restricted and negotiations for permissions are difficult.

Manfred
[Sep 5, 2010 1:01:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male DaveB
Stranger

G'day Manfred,

Thanks for your quick response. I'll look forward to future updates.

Cheers - Dave
[Sep 6, 2010 5:18:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male masoret
Stranger

How should I have in parallel columns the search result for a strong number?
For example I am searching g3784 in Greek NT but I want to see the results in a paralel version who has no strong numbers. I tried to add paralel book bible but it seems that the MacSword displays only the verses for the NT in Greek (Alkitab has this option, and for me it is is very useful).
[Sep 16, 2010 12:42:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

That's not possible at the moment.
If you have parallel bibles and switch to indexed search mode all parallel bibles will be search and for all that do not return search results they will display empty.

Manfred
[Sep 20, 2010 2:59:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread