mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2887 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Male geomonroe
Stranger

U.S.A.
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
NOOB

i need help, i am new to ubuntu and i dont know how to save files to the appropriate location.

as a matter of fact i dont know how to use the software at all.

if your patient and feel like helping a computer challenged, i am the one who will stretch your walk

dont be scared
[Aug 29, 2010 1:03:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male pneaveill
Regular

Re: NOOB

Maybe I can assist and promise to be as patient as you are with me :D

There are several ways to navigate around the system. Arguably the easiest is through the command line. Accessories >> terminal

however you choose to get to the terminal, then will need the following info:

(1) exactly what it is you are wanting to do
(2) what you want it to do

In Christ,

Paul
[Aug 30, 2010 6:51:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male geomonroe
Stranger

U.S.A.

thanks,
i actually ended up finding the answer, i could not figure out how to download content. but after picking around and opening everything i could i figured out how to download content, so you have been spared my ignorance for now, but i am sure i will be back with more questions later.
george
[Aug 31, 2010 11:10:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male pneaveill
Regular

@George -- np, happy to have been wiling to help

Note to moderators: How to close this thread please? Thanks in advance.
[Sep 1, 2010 6:23:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male pneaveill
Regular

Like geomonroe , I really find it hard to save files to appropriate location using ubuntu. Ubuntu is not like other OS's and softwares that I am currently using.

Thanks a lot pneaveill. You are a blessing to us. smile

I do agree that this is best taken care of there at ubuntuforums. As for answering that question, will need to ask you a few also:

1. What kind of file are you working with and
2 what are you wanting to do with it?

Standard locations for things are

documents --> /home/user_name/Documents
system files there are various places they need to go depending on what specifically needs to happen
[Sep 23, 2010 7:47:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male troypulk
Regular

USA

All you guys using ubuntu should switch to Mandriva, it's a lot better and it's the best user friendly Linux OS around.

It's easy to try, just go to http://www2.mandriva.com/downloads/one/

and download the iso and make a live CD, boot to the CD and you'll love it.
[Nov 9, 2010 8:17:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male alfredhunt
Stranger

Why the switch from Ubuntu?

<Link removed by admin>
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mdbergmann at Mar 24, 2011 10:39:07 AM]
[Mar 24, 2011 9:42:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread