mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3569 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Male vineabide

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: MacSword 2.2.4 wont open

Hi, well, it seems I can only get one module in the installer at a time. So I can't sort it downward. I tried installing NetNotes manually and I get a message "This module may be incomplete. Try a different reference". I"ve downloaded NetNotesfree but I still can't seem to get the paid version to successfully install. I've checked the cypher key number and it is saved in the mods.d file.

Thanks.
[Jun 28, 2010 9:43:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Hi.

If you select the Bible.org module source (left side in the module installer) it should list all available modules from this source on the right side and thus you should be able to sort them ascending or descending.

This message: "This module may be incomplete. Try a different reference" can just mean that a certain reference in the commentary is empty. Which reference did you try this with?

Manfred
[Jun 29, 2010 11:30:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male vineabide

USA

The only list I can get is from Crosswire. is there a way to get to a Bible.org list? The message seems to refer to NetNotes.swd which is for personal commentary. I really want to use macsword but I can't seem to get this to work....... Thanks again.
[Jun 29, 2010 9:16:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

"Crosswire" is only one of the available module sources.
In MacSword 2 we have now four of those added as default including the one from bible.org.
You can add them manually with data from here:
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Module_Repositories

But if you installed the .swd version of the module and you see it in the module list window then it already is installed.
The Cipherkey yo need to add then to NetNotes.swd/mods.d/netnotes.conf
Did you do this?

Manfred
[Jun 30, 2010 12:10:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male vineabide

USA

I went to the crosswire.org site, added the NET bible modules to the Module Installer. The NetNotes option was like the third or fourth option from the top. When I select the task "install", it briefly appears but then changes to None.

As for the cipherkey, yes, I have gone to netnotes.conf, saved the cipherkey, used the Module Installer and used local to add it to the Install Source on the left, and it does not give me the option to install, it only says None.
[Jun 30, 2010 10:01:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Yeah, I remember there was another bug in the module installer. You had to first select the line/row and then select the task.
Sorry for that. I had put all efforts into MacSword 2 but I guess another fix for 1.4 is necessary.

You don't need to add .swd modules into the module installer as source. Either you have a module source where this particular module is part of (like Bible.org) or you install .swd file manually and put them into:
~/Library/Application Support/Sword
which is the default module folder for MacSword.
They will then get automatically recognised.
EDIT: In MacSword 1 you can define a default module path in preferences. When installing modules manually you need to place it according to what is define din preferences.

So what you would do now is remove the .swd module source in the module installer and then either:

- re-install the NetNotes from the Bible.org source.
Then add the Cipherkey to:
~/Library/Application Support/Sword/mods.d/netnotes.conf

or
- copy the NetNotes.swd to:
~/Library/Application Support/Sword
and add the Cipherkey inside the .swd.

Make sure you do not have two NetNotes modules installed otherwise one of them is preferred and the module installer get confused.

Manfred
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by mdbergmann at Jul 1, 2010 12:21:55 AM]
[Jul 1, 2010 12:19:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread