mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1668 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male JohanMarais
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
From Windows to iPhone

I have created a bible module for The SWORD Project for Windows from a vpl UTF-8 text file, using imp2vs.

My goal is to make this same module available for the iPhone and SwordReader.

The bible module has inter alia the following within the text:

Hebrew letters for the Name of the Father and the Son.
Characters with diacritical markers (e.g. h with a dot below - "special characters")
Colored text
Italics
Super text

The above show 100% correcty in Windows.

I have copied this module to iPhone and the Hebrew and the special characters show correctly, but the colored text, bold, italics and super text show the "markup", i.e. {\i} for italics, {\super} for bold.

Similarly in SwordReader, except the Hebrw and special characters just show blocks, probably just a font issue. The same with SlideBible.

I assume that module for the iPhone requires text to be in OSIS format?

Question: How do I progress from the module that I have to making this module for iPhone and SwordReader please?

I have downloaded all the utiities and have read the posts, but I am at a loss.

All and any help is appreciated - I am not a programmer.

In His Name,

Johan
[Jun 17, 2010 7:54:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male JohanMarais
Regular

Re: From Windows to iPhone

Correction - the text file is in GBF format:
$$$Gen 1:1
In the beginning ...
[Jun 17, 2010 11:32:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male JohanMarais
Regular

Is it possible that there is nobody who can help me?
Johan
[Jun 28, 2010 7:08:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Hello Johan.

The text source format/type should be irrelevant.
Your SWORD module should be working on all SWORD based application including iPhone (PocketSword).
But the source format, GBF in your case, is rendered by a certain GBF filter which can be subclassed by applications in order to customise the rendering.
I'm not sure about how the iPhone does this.
It might be worth, since I believe your issue has to do with PocketSword application, that you write in the PocketSword thread group and point to this thread.

Manfred
[Jun 28, 2010 8:58:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male JohanMarais
Regular

Thank you.
Johan
[Jun 28, 2010 12:24:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread