mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2345 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Male harryshin

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
how to highlight text?

hi:

1. i'm new to macsword and overall like it.

2. my main problem with this application is that i can't figure out how to highlight text (example: i might want to highlight a word or two in a verse). i can highlight it, but once i click on something else, the highlighted area goes away. am i missing something here? if for some reason one is not able to highlight text in the application, can someone recommend another application that will allow this feature?

thanks for the help. harry
[Oct 14, 2010 11:51:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: how to highlight text?

Hi.

It is possible to highlight text over bookmarks.
But this works only on a verse basis, not any text.

Manfred
[Oct 16, 2010 2:53:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male harryshin

hi:

1. thanks for the brief reply, but can you clarify what you mean and then more importantly, explain how to do what you're talking about.

thanks. harry
[Oct 16, 2010 10:09:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Yeah, sorry.
I thought you might have checked out the bookmarks.

Example:
You open a chapter of some bible book. Then you mark/select some verses with your mouse cursor (this must include the verse number, otherwise the system will not recognize the verse). You do right-click and choose "Add bookmark...". In the bookmark sheet you can enable highlight and set a fore- and background color for the highlight.
Now in order to display this you need to enable "Highlight bookmarks" from the "Display options" menu. You can as well set this in preferences to make this setting permanent for new windows.

Manfred
[Oct 17, 2010 3:30:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male harryshin

hi:

1. thanks for the clarification.

2. this really does the trick for me.

thanks for al your help. harry
[Oct 17, 2010 2:42:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Mikofox

Highlighting via bookmarks is better than nothing I suppose. But as I have stated in another post it clutters up the Bookmarks Sidebar unnecessarily.
Also to improve this, I suggest the Bookmark Window should remember the settings in the Highlight Checkbox and also the Background Color to accomplish highlighting in as few steps as possible.

Thanks, Mike
[Oct 17, 2010 2:46:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread