mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3611 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: KJV Search Problems

Well, maybe that wasn't the answer. I emptied the folders in the home>Library>Application Support> MacSword folder, including the plists, and I still get no results when trying to search.

Well you should not delete all files and especially not plist files. Except you want to loose your bookmarks and session data.
As is explained in the wiki every module has it's own index folder (named after the module) beneath the "Index" folder. So the index folder for KJV would be "Index-KJV". I would think this is quite obvious but I can be mistaken.

Are you sure you switched to index search mode in the toolbar? There are two search modes. One is reference search where you can enter verses or verse ranges. If you enter just a word here as search term for indexed search it will of course find nothing.

Manfred
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mdbergmann at Apr 29, 2010 12:30:15 PM]
[Apr 29, 2010 12:27:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male iRemember

Aargh. Operator error. The default setting when opening the window is not for the search function, but for the icon next to it with the horizontal lines. Click on the 'search' magnifying glass logo, and voila' it searches.

I'll get it. Eventually. The learning curve for me is steeper than the old blue-icon version.

Thanks.
[Apr 29, 2010 1:55:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Well, it's just called differently. In MacSword 1 you had to use the "Find..." menu item in the main menu. Here you have to use the "Switch lookup type" menu item.
Or, which is preferred, use the toolbar buttons to switch.
The toolbar gives direct access to the most used functions, so basically all of the toolbar buttons are important.

Manfred
[Apr 29, 2010 2:38:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male iRemember

smile Re: KJV Search Problems

Are you sure you switched to index search mode in the toolbar? There are two search modes. One is reference search where you can enter verses or verse ranges. If you enter just a word here as search term for indexed search it will of course find nothing.

It was not clear to me what the 'reference search' mode button did. For casual users like me, who are most often interested in a word or phrase search, it would be useful if the default setting were to 'index search'... or... if there were a 'preferences' option where we could set the default setting so that one would not have to always choose the other search mode...

I'm up and running, now. Thank you. smile
[May 3, 2010 8:34:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread