mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 15
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6802 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
Male chervonenko
Regular

Russia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Strong's searching problem

Hi. I'm using MacSword 2.1 (just downloaded), with RST (russian translation) with Strong's Numbers support. So, I tried to find number in module, but found nothing. It's just showing me empty Workspace. I've read Manual, searched this forum, but do not find anything. I doing something wrong?
Leopard 10.5.8, MacSword 2.1
[Mar 10, 2010 1:55:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Strong's searching problem

Hi.

This is quoted from the wiki, have you tried this?

Searching for Strong's numbers: The Strong's number you are looking for has to be prefixed by "h" or "g". For example to search for the Strong's number "07225" for "beginning" in Gen 1:1 you'll search for "h07225".

Manfred
[Mar 10, 2010 2:37:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male chervonenko
Regular

Russia

Thank you Manfred. I've tried this, and "strong:h07225" variant. Nothing works. I can upload screen-shoot to show what happened.
Here is screenshoot.
http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/ChervonenkoSergey/view/315948/?page=3
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by chervonenko at Mar 10, 2010 7:46:35 AM]
[Mar 10, 2010 7:31:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Strange, works with "h3966" but indeed nothing is found for 7225.
In the KJV however it seems to work. Could maybe a problem with the Strong's encoding in the module.
Not sure right now.

Manfred
[Mar 10, 2010 8:08:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male chervonenko
Regular

Russia

Strange, works with "h3966" but indeed nothing is found for 7225.
In the KJV however it seems to work. Could maybe a problem with the Strong's encoding in the module.
Not sure right now.
Manfred

You right, it works in KJV. Possible, it's encoding problems. So question - how to fix it? As I understand, Strong's Numbers just numbers, they are not depend on encoding. Or depends? Wait for solution.
[Mar 10, 2010 11:30:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Hmm. I don't really know to be honest.
The KJV was from a OSIS XML source while the RST is from a GBF source.
It'll maybe better to continue this discussion in a module forum or the SWORD dev mailing list because there are more people that might know about it.

Manfred
[Mar 11, 2010 12:37:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male chervonenko
Regular

Russia

Thank you Manfred. Will try there.
[Mar 11, 2010 1:00:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

I'm copy and pasting from my own notes I've written for PocketSword:

search for
lemma:H0430
to search for the 430 Hebrew (note the leading H and then the extra zero at the start of the number)

search for
lemma:G652
to search for the 652 Greek (note the lack of an extra zero, but need the G).

Both need to have "lemma:" at the start.

as to whether "lemma:" is actually required, I'm not sure.

hope that helps! :)

Nic... :)
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Mar 21, 2010 4:14:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Nic, have you tried one of the examples above in the RST module?
In MacSword only some Strong's numbers can be searched in RST.

The "lemma:" is not needed. We store it a bit different in the index, only H followed by the number is required.

Manfred
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mdbergmann at Mar 21, 2010 8:43:52 AM]
[Mar 21, 2010 8:43:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Ahh, I am talking about when we use clucene, and you just reminded me that MacSword doesn't use clucene! Hence, we don't need the "lemma:" bit in MacSword.

And, when I'm talking about needing an extra '0' in there, I'm probably talking about the KJV.

So, I tried in the RST (using PocketSword), and it doesn't seem to be working. I'm assuming you're right, and the issue is with the encoding? Looking in the conf, the URL of where we got the text from is now reporting a 404 error :(
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Mar 22, 2010 3:29:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread